[pmmail-list] corrupted files crash program

ehm ehm at goelton.com
Fri Jun 2 01:28:01 MEST 2006

Steve (Home) wrote:
> Thursday, June 1, 2006, 9:51:22 AM, Dave wrote:
>

>> All,
>>

>>         Sadly I am considering switching to another email client
>> due to the long delay in upgrades to PMMail2000. Does anyone know a way to migrate to
>> Eudora for example or other Pop client? thx.
>>

> I moved to TheBat! and am content with it-- very similar in layout and capabilities to PMMail (which I used in OS/2 and Windows).  I have four accounts with up to, say, 30-40 folders and subfolders in each.
>
> I actually did it all "by hand": set up matching folders in TheBat! and then migrated each over using the built-in migration tool.
>
> It did take a few hours (mainly just to get the hang of it) but it was relatively painless.

I just installed TheBat! after reading your e-mail.
I'm using PMMail since 1993 or 94... can't remember and the only reason
why I could not switch to another program are two features I could not
match yet:
1) signatures. The ability to choose the signature on the fly  is a big
timing saver. I receive about 100 real email per day and I have to
answer each one of them. So today I have 40% of my responses in a
signature and the other:
2) canned reply. for the same reason I have another 50% of my responses
on canned reply. It left me with only 10% of my daily e-mail to be
answered by hand.

I could not find any option on TheBat!.
I'm missing something or do I have to continue using PMMail

Thank you
for any info
EHM