PGP problems

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:53:59 -0700

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 07:29:24PM -0400, Larry Ebbitt wrote:
> I almost never listen to the news, I read it regularly.  I detect no threat
> to my privacy with email.  Web, yes, and I'm careful about that, but not
> email.  I will not jump through all the PSP hops until I feel it is worth
> something to me, and that is not the case now, at all.

    Then read.  www.cnn.com has several stories on Echelon and Carnivore on it
right now.  Quite a few in sequence on both.  One is suspected of scanning
email, the other is expressly for that purpose.  NPR has one snippet on it.
www.abcnews.com has several features on both as well.

    I think after looking those up it is safe to say that most every major
news site has some stories on it.  Maybe if you look at something /other/ than
the sports and comics you'd notice the decided lack of privacy government
agencies want people to have.